REGISTRATION DEADLINE: June 19th, 2023
SESSION STARTS: July 3rd, 2023
STORY: GESTURE for Animation and Story
Director, Story Supervisor, Story Artist, Pixar Animation Studios
Length of Workshop: 10 weeks. Once a week.
Days: Mondays starting July 3rd, 2023
Time: 6pm to 9pm pacific time *special time*
Tuition: $1,600 (Includes a $200 non-refundable registration fee)
Gesture for Animation and Story: Come Draw with Pixar Sparkshort Director, Louis Gonzales. Louis has taught Gesture for over 10 years at Pixar and other workshops.
Finding the idea of the pose will help you achieve maximum feeling from your gesture drawings. This workshop will start with a refresher of the basics and progress to sequential poses!
The goal is to develop powerful poses that demonstrate character and/or tells a story.
- A Mental Snapshot
- Line & Shape language
- Where does action live in the body
- When to Exaggerate And Why?
- Gesture drawing Ruff
- Balance, Tilts, Angles and Action
- Working the Start, Pass and Stop poses
- Where’s the Fun?
- Tell a Story
* Gesture for Animation and Story is limited to 20 students to allow for maximum individualized focus. We encourage a comfortable, collaborative environment so that students can learn from their own assignments, the critiques of others’, instructor demos, lectures, and guest speakers.