Winter Session ONLINE 2021
Week of: January 18th - April 5th, 2021
ANIMATION: Introduction to Body Character Rigging
Sr. Technical Artist, Undead Labs
Length of Workshop: 12 weeks. Once a week.
Days: *SPECIAL DAY Saturdays starting January 23rd, 2021
Time: *SPECIAL TIME 10am – 1pm pacific time
* Includes a $200 non-refundable registration fee
Introduction to Body Character Rigging will introduce the mechanics, concepts and good practices to a complete solid cartoon character body rig.
The goal of Introduction to Body Character Rigging is to guide the student to have a solid knowledge and comprehension of artistic decisions to maintain the character body rig ready for animation.
- Joints and its properties.
- Parenting Spaces.
- Concepts of clean character topology.
- Concepts of a body Skeleton.
- Skin methods and introduction to tools.
- Deformers for paint weights.
- Node Editor is your best friend.
- Cartoon limbs.
- Twist rigs.
- Controls and Animation style.
- Assignment and Reviews.
Familiar with Maya in general, specifically with Outliner, Timeline, Curve Editor and Attribute Editor. Bonus if the student knows a little bit of Node Editor, Component SpreadSheet, Script Editor and a tiny bit of coding.